Lucid
    Admin

Heaven's Feel 7 : Kami-sama
    Heaven's Feel 6 : Game Master

Re: Night 9: Collector, Einzbern and Matou

Post by Lucid on Sun Feb 19, 2012 8:23 am

Corenat Rovarnus wrote:
    Spoiler:
    The speaker his voice is coming from is in the living room.
    Spoiler:
    He means your characters actual location, please indicate that on the map.
    Corenat Rovarnus

Heaven's Feel 7 : Tohsaka

Post by Corenat Rovarnus on Sun Feb 19, 2012 3:13 pm

Spoiler:
    Why would he be able to know that, he heard the speaker, not Matou's actual voice.
    Lucid
    Admin

Post by Lucid on Sun Feb 19, 2012 6:22 pm

Corenat Rovarnus wrote:
    Spoiler:
    Why would he be able to know that, he heard the speaker, not Matou's actual voice.
    Spoiler:
    Archers awareness is enough to track you down.
    Corenat Rovarnus

Post by Corenat Rovarnus on Mon Feb 20, 2012 1:09 pm

Spoiler:
    What if it is a recorded message? If Archer can hear the soft press of a button or whispering through several insulated walls, why would he lose track of Matou's location in the first place? You're being internally inconsistent.
    Lucid
    Admin

Post by Lucid on Tue Feb 21, 2012 1:00 am

Corenat Rovarnus wrote:
    Spoiler:
    What if it is a recorded message? If Archer can hear the soft press of a button or whispering through several insulated walls, why would he lose track of Matou's location in the first place? You're being internally inconsistent.
    Spoiler:
    Archer hasn't lost track of him. I don't keep active track of the happenings until a player asks for a GM clarification. I'm making a GM ruling now — mark Matous current location on the map. I will double-check it's consistent with your actions and within your movement points. I know it's hard for you to accept another GMs rulings on a RP since you GM over campaigns as well. But lets not waste more time on this. I repeat, Archers awareness is enough to track Matous movements.
    Lucid
    Admin

Post by Lucid on Thu Feb 23, 2012 6:37 pm

Spoiler:
    I'm guessing Corenat lost interest? If he doesn't reply soon I'll take over the char again.
    Corenat Rovarnus

Post by Corenat Rovarnus on Fri Feb 24, 2012 6:08 am

Spoiler:

Aelms

Heaven's Feel 7 : Einzbern
    Heaven's Feel 6 : Einzbern

Post by Aelms on Sun Feb 26, 2012 3:59 am

No longer bothered by the non-harmful substance spilled on her, Archer proceeds to make her way to Matou with her Master in hand.

Seeing that the Matou Master is now within her harm's range, she knocks up her bow in preparation for a final attack. One eye remains aware of Lancer, knowing that if he makes even the most hasty of moves, Matou would not live to answer any questions and the scythe-wielding Servant's existence would be no more.

"As enthusiastic as Collector is in finishing the War, my priority is to first find answers. Let's put this in the simplest words. Are you the one who raised the magical barrier? Do you know of this 'Puppet Master'? Anything to tell me about the previous War?" Matou is now in gunpoint. Einzbern can now ask questions.

Spoiler:
    Archer takes

~~Turn Order~~
    Lancer
    Archer
    Lancer
    Archer
    Einzbern
    Collector
    Lancer
    Archer
    Einzbern
    Matou

Aelms

Post by Aelms on Sun Feb 26, 2012 3:59 am

Spoiler:
    Meant to say:

Archer takes Einzbern with her for her movement. (5,0)
    Corenat Rovarnus

Post by Corenat Rovarnus on Sun Feb 26, 2012 12:37 pm

Spoiler:
    Ask questions? Quite sure you were always able to ask questions.
    Seeing the oddly dressed pair suddenly intrude into the room, Matou slings it over his shoulder and seats himself in an ornate chair with a sigh.
    "Hrm, we're all looking for answers, aren't we? Some will get more than others. I will take each question at my own pace. First off, I have no idea who the hell is a 'Puppet Master'. Now, if you'd like to know anything else I would like at least some guarantee of conditions under which you and your armed friends will leave me unharmed, because I know that you can kill me anyway after I tell you everything you want to know, so if you're going to do that I'd rather not tell you anything."

Aelms

Post by Aelms on Wed Feb 29, 2012 6:04 am

"Having you a my mercy makes me feel a hell lot better. I insist that you answer my questions. It'd lead to some greater benefits than what you're probably thinking of." He considers for a moment. "...well, under the assumption that you survive of course. I don't plan on having Archer end you unless Lancer makes any suspicious moves."

"Since you skipped over the question about the magical barrier, lets hear you talk about that first."

Corenat Rovarnus

Post by Corenat Rovarnus on Wed Feb 29, 2012 9:26 am

"Magical barrier...unless you're referring to the one I have around my house, I didn't raise any such barrier."

Aelms

Post by Aelms on Fri Mar 02, 2012 7:36 am

"I'm referring to the one erected around the city. Its presence should be strong enough that any Master or Servant can sense it. If you know anything about that, I'd like to know.

Other than that, me and Collector would like to visit the Tohsaka family soon. If you've made a visit there, I'd like to here your experiences with anything that you've found.

In fact, I'd like you to also tell me things from the previous War. It's the kind of information that would really satisfy me. If you can satisfy me especially in the last regard, I'm sure some kind of compromise can be formed between us as Masters. There may be some things about the War that you might want to know about, but yet again, you might be the one telling me that." He was getting to the point. There was no reason to hide what he wanted to know, for there was no escape waiting for the pressured Master.

Meanwhile, Archer continues to keep an eye on Lancer, scrutinising subtly any and every movement that the Servant made. Her hands remained on her bow, which remained knocked with one of her deadly projectiles and pointed straight at its potential victim.
    Corenat Rovarnus

Post by Corenat Rovarnus on Wed Mar 07, 2012 5:51 am

"Tohsaka, hrm? I don't believe they were involved in this War...I was very young during the previous War so my memory is fuzzy...what exactly do you wish to know about it?"

Aelms

Post by Aelms on Wed Mar 07, 2012 6:00 am

"Anything and everything."
    Corenat Rovarnus

Post by Corenat Rovarnus on Thu Mar 08, 2012 9:16 am

Matou sighs heavily and props his head on his left hand with a vacant expression.
    If you so desire. I shall start from the beginning then.
    I was in my pre teenage years when I first encountered someone or something involved in the previous War. I lived in a modest townhouse on the west side of Philadelphia, Pennsylvania at the time - my family decided it would be better for me to be born and raised in America as it would be easier for me to get a better education there. I found studying boring and tedious, even my magical studies, so I would walk out to the nearby neighborhood playground for a few hours on most of my weekdays to hang out with friends or simply to relax and enjoy the cool, fresh air. While playing basketball near the local high school, I noticed a procession of black luxury cars quietly move down the adjacent street in the direction of an abandoned warehouse, which piqued my interest as important people usually did not visit this area of town. Several of heavily clad persons disembarked from the vehicles, among them an unusually tall man with a gray fur coat and a mane of shoulder length white hair. The rest were wearing hats and scarves so it was difficult to see their faces, although I could tell that at least one of them was female and that a good majority of them were Japanese or Oriental in ethnicity. They greatly resembled the kind of people I often saw my father deal with in his work as a magus, and I had a hunch that they were up to no good. The very faintly detectable bounded field around the building they walked into confirmed to me that they were magi. I silently snuck around to the back of the warehouse to investigate these opulently dressed strangers. Looking through a window with fogged up glass, I could not make out just what they were saying besides the words "Prince" and "class", however I did see the man in gray gesture to his fore arm and some of them mimed the action of drawing circular patterns on the ground and wall. It might have been some sort of ritual or ceremony they were planning, but I never got the chance to find out as it was at that moment that a low voice growled behind me asking what I was doing there. I turned around in a panic to find a burly blond haired man in a leather jacket staring me down. I started to explain that there were these guys in the warehouse, they were making trouble in my neighborhood but a second after I opened my mouth he swiftly clasped his hand over it and punched me in the gut with his other hand making me double over in pain. He wrapped an arm around my neck and started dragging me away, but due to a lucky kick to the shin I managed to wriggle free of his grasp and ran haphazardly for my life as some of the magi emerged from the warehouse shouting to seize me. I glimpsed a red mark as the man's sleeve fell down slightly, I am convinced it was a command seal, although I don't know which Master he was. The incident filtered out to the public as me getting into just one little fight with a random street gang, but nevertheless my mother was scared for my safety, so I received a call from her instructing me to move to a relative's house in California all the way across the country. I repeatedly asked family members who were in the know about thaumaturgy for answers as to who those people were and what they intended to do, but the topic was never discussed again. On one fateful day, I took a rather unusual taxi cab home from law school. There were dice hanging from the mirror with strange symbols on them, and the license plate was blank and had crisp edges. The cabbie engaged in a conversation with me, in which I learned his name, Holmes. He began probing with uncomfortable questions about my family's history and the things I did as a child, and I declined to respond. I quickly noticed he was not driving to my house, and I brought this up. As soon as I felt the presence of a spell being cast I yelled to stop the car, and when he refused I opened the back door and jumped out, tumbling onto the asphalt as something filled the back seat of the cab.
    I still remember what he said when he opened the window.
    'We have your predecessor, Matou.' I stopped cold, exactly what he intended. Did he mean my Uncle? My Father? Most of the adult males in my family were in Japan involved in the War, they wouldn't tell me much besides that they were still alive and in the running. The cabbie who was not a cabbie, his next words brought me out of the stupor.
    'You cannot escape the Prince! Neither can your fellow Masters! Even now, the plan is in motion!'
    Without time to think, I shouted back the first thing I could think of, which was 'YO HOLMES SMELL YA LATER!!' and ran off the road homewards.
    Stupid, I know, but it really doesn't matter right now does it? Anyways, I suspect this group I saw back then must be involved in whatever is over the city right now. I'm not sure why they came after me though. Any questions so far or can I continue?
    Lucid
    Admin

Post by Lucid on Fri Mar 09, 2012 1:33 pm

Spoiler:
    Game continues normally even though the HGW7 category got moved here.

Aelms

Post by Aelms on Sat Mar 10, 2012 6:30 am

"...I think I'll leave the questions to the end."
    Belmont

Heaven's Feel 7 : Collector
    Heaven's Feel 6 : Traveler

Post by Belmont on Mon Mar 19, 2012 12:39 pm

Spoiler:
    Any reason Corenat is not continuing the event?
    Corenat Rovarnus

Post by Corenat Rovarnus on Mon Mar 19, 2012 3:00 pm

Spoiler:
    Yes I haven't had the time, be patient
    Corenat Rovarnus

Post by Corenat Rovarnus on Wed Mar 21, 2012 1:10 am

I made it back home around 7 or 8 PM. I walked up the steps, I was finally there after that stressful ordeal. I received a call from my father in which he instructed me about the Grail War, saying that I would have to uphold the family legacy and win the next one. He said he most likely would not survive the current War due to a "disastrous conspiracy" and that my Uncle had already perished. I asked about that as well as if they had any connection to that group that tried to silence me before, but he did not say anything other than a warning that "they" would return in the next War, and I would have to watch out for them. I never heard from him or any of my relatives involved again. Years later I was abroad on a trip to a privately owned museum in the Netherlands, looking for an artifact to summon a powerful Servant in this War. I was bored on the plane, so I put my Walkman on and thought I might as well kick it off with some dubstep. The steady beat of "Boom boom acka lacka boom boom" carried me all the way through airport customs and to my hotel. As I changed clothes in the hotel room, I spilled spaghetti all over the floor out of my pocket and pants. I tried to clean it up and made a mental note to ask the hotel to tighten up security, some bum must have stolen my real pants. This theory was immediately debunked when I found a slip of paper on top of my dresser with my name and the flight number I came in on printed on it along with "First class, drinking orange juice out of a champagne glass at 1:30PM" written below it. I flipped it over and saw "What do you seek?". The writing was in a creepy, dripping cursive composed with green ink and the style did not belong to anyone I knew. Whoever it was, they had been observing and tracking me to know exactly what I was doing at any time. This was bad if I wanted to continue living, so I decided to rush my visit to the museum and leave the country as soon as possible. I was on good terms with the owner, who promised that he had pieces from over 40 million years ago, and that he'd be willing to sell them for a special price on a night like this. At the museum, I ducked into a roped off section reserved for special guests. To my surprise there were a few other rich hot shots there as well. I lit a cigarette and went straight over to the human history section, because I wasn't going to grab something like a monkey and start to go. But like something out of Miami Vice, two masked men with guns in their hands suddenly came into the room and blocked the main exit, creating a commotion and general panic. A woman rushed to the emergency exit and tried to open it screaming "Oh god please, open the door!!" but she couldn't budge it for some reason. The two men pushed their way through the crowd over to me. "You over there in the green suit! Hands up and get on the floor, now!" I refused despite facing the barrels of their guns, which upon closer inspection I found gave off a slight glow and did not resemble any model produced in major armories. They reached me and one of them grabbed me by the collar while holding his gun to my head. The other waved his hands at the panicking visitors and fired a warning shot into the air, yelling "Everybody else, walk over to the dinosaur exhibit. If I see you trying to contact the police you'll wish you were lucky, punk." "So, are you a wizard?" the man holding me leered sarcastically with a stupid expression. I gripped my pendant for strength. "Nope, just-" I said as I reached into my pants pocket for my wallet. "-DOUBLES! Check 'em!" I produced my wallet and opened it to reveal a photograph apparently showing two of myself, both clad in different outfits. "You've got the wrong man, I'm his twin brother." The man was confused by my ruse for a few seconds until a large fist behind a meaty arm slammed into him from behind me with enough force to send him sprawling to the ground. His partner turned to face the unknown assailant just as the latter slammed into his gut, causing him to double over. My savior finished them off with decisive strikes to the neck. He turned to face me, and I saw that he bore a remarkable resemblance to the Incredible Hercules comic book character. He gave me a thumbs up upon seeing my cleverly altered photograph, saying "Nice. Are you alright and cool, my brother?" "Yes, I think I'll be fine," I answered with a sigh of relief, "So what the hell is going on? I don't actually have any brothers."
    "Well see, there's kind of a schism in the organization. Those guys were in the opposing department. But don't worry, I'm on your side. Now, you're looking for a catalyst here, right? What would that be?"
    I grew nervous. Despite saving my life, he still wanted the same thing the others did. I don't know why, but I did not trust him. "Er, I think you're a pretty cool guy, killing robbers and everything, but I'm afraid I'm not buying it." I dashed outside. "Hey, wait up! I can tell you about who the other Masters are! I need to warn you about the temp-"
    I didn't hear the rest, but I do know that his 'side' had some sort of resource beyond imagining if he knew who the other Masters were that far ahead of the War. I blended in with the other tourists in the street, putting on sunglasses to hide my expression while I tried to calm down and deal with it.
    If these people were associated with the same group, then it means one of the Masters in this War is a plant working with them to facilitate their activities, which cannot possibly be beneficial to the people here. I suspect this same splinter group from the Association is what put a halt to the previous War and ensured the demise of our predecessors. Now I realize that you could be one of them and I just revealed that I knew about your conspiracy, but you're about to kill me anyway so I don't really care.

He raises his hands with a shrug and a sigh.

And that's really all there is I have to say on that matter.

Aelms

Post by Aelms on Sat Mar 24, 2012 5:54 am

Spoiler:
    You make reading your text the hardest task.

The boy considers for a while.

"I have not seen a single blonde person among the Masters I have met, assuming that he wasn't one of the previous war. If I am fully in the know, you, me, Collector and one other person should be the only Masters left. I am fairly convinced that the other person is not the blonde Master you're referring to either, basing upon the physical features that you have described. You don't seem to recognise the white-haired person you mentioned as Collector, either. In all honesty, there is nothing that supports the whole of the story you just told me."

"Have you seen any of those people afterward?"

"Do you have leads on the surviving Masters of the last war?"

"Is there absolutely nothing more you want to say, knowing that your life would be over in a matter of minutes, if not seconds? I would consider allowing you to live if you forfeit your Servant's life."
    Corenat Rovarnus

Post by Corenat Rovarnus on Sat Mar 24, 2012 4:07 pm

Spoiler:
    I try my best, Yahoo.
    Matou rolls his eyes.
    "Pay attention foolish boy, he WAS from the previous war, I met him years ago. The plant is simply working with him, and I don't know who it is, although this Collector guy seems to remember me from somewhere else and wants to kill me. I saw someone with white hair in that warehouse, could've been him, could've not."

"Surviving Masters? Well first of all, I'm not sure who died. You probably know what happened to your predecessor. If you don't, I don't think I can help you with that." He pauses and purses his lips. "I must admit to you I was lying earlier about never hearing from them again, I have been in touch with my uncle who was the Master of Lancer in the last war. He moved to our American estates and is under heavy protection. Tohsaka is in hiding, somewhere in central Europe. My uncle may know exactly where, but you'd have to get to him first."

"Hrmph. Yep, I knew it was a mistake to tell you anything. I don't think I have the right to decide what becomes of my Servant, pitiful excuse for a magus I am. I do have one question for you- Do you feel guilty for the death of Hana Arisoto?"

Aelms

Post by Aelms on Sun Apr 01, 2012 6:23 am

"Arisoto's death was something that I did not expect at all. Even though I had the opportunity to save her, it simply came as too much of a surprise and I let that chance come to waste. I am guilty of not saving her but in the same way, aren't you?"

He was allowed one more moment to speak.

No one would know whether it was Einzbern truly commanded it so as Archer deemed the conversation to be over and launched the arrow. Lancer was simply too far to respond and Matou's death was certain.

Spoiler:
    This should be the last delay in a while. 330 damage ranged attack. 28+d20. No movement.

Aelms

Post by Aelms on Sun Apr 01, 2012 6:23 am

Spoiler:
    Dice Roll.

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Mon Sep 25, 2017 6:36 pm