Post by Lucid on Tue Mar 15, 2011 9:11 am

Spoiler:
    Belmont starts.
    Belmont

Heaven's Feel 7 : Collector
    Heaven's Feel 6 : Traveler

Re: Day 2: Collector and Tortured Soul

Post by Belmont on Tue Mar 15, 2011 9:31 am

Gabriel walks towards the center of the temple to meet the person climbing the long stairs. Without much difficulty he is able to recognize the man and he stops moving.

It is not surprising that you have returned, however, I did warn you to take your leave.

The air around the temple felt as if it had been frozen by Gabriel's stare.

Without further delays, let me hear your reason for being here and make it worth my time.

Gabriel puts his left hand on a sheath as he waits for the answer.

Iso

Heaven's Feel 7 : Tortured Soul

Post by Iso on Wed Mar 16, 2011 3:01 am

Dan who doesn't seem surprised to meet Gabriel again takes his hands out of his pants pockets.
    The look on his face has hardened, his expression is way more serious than the last time they met.

"I don´t think I have to ask you for permission every time I want to visit this place.
    I'm simply interested in these ruins, but you seem to be after more than just some crappy antiques.
    So I should rather ask you why the hell you´r so hostile... Protecting this place like a mother its children."

Dan grabs some mud from the ground.

"I did´t came to this town to fight people in weired clothes, so I´d ask you to take your hands away from your weapons."
    Belmont

Post by Belmont on Wed Mar 16, 2011 4:18 am

Another stupid man decides to cross my path, unable to heed to my warnings.

You are too full of yourself human. Allow me to show you one of my "crappy antiques".

Behold it and cower in fear, human. You still have the chance to leave with your life if you wish do so.

Gabriel smiles as he leaves Dan to decide whether he'll die here or flee and life on.

Iso

Post by Iso on Wed Mar 16, 2011 5:59 am

"Man... I really dont get you or on what kind of ego trip you are on. But as I said before, I'm not interested in fighting a person I hardly even know."

Dan starts to talk to himself.

"And the view from up here is also not worth fighting a maniac."

He drops the mud from his hands.

"Here you can have this place for you alone, sadly I'm not stupid enough to risk my life for nothing.
    So if you don´t mind I´ll leave now."
    Belmont

Post by Belmont on Wed Mar 16, 2011 8:23 am

Gabriel lowers and sheaths his sword in a flash.

Excellent, you are much more intelligent than I had thought. Very well, I will allow you to investigate this temple under my supervision.

Iso

Post by Iso on Wed Mar 16, 2011 10:52 am

The now surprised looking Dan puts his hands back into his pants pockets.

"Now I´m really confused I didn't understand why you were so hostile and now I don't get why you suddenly change your mind.
    How come you suddenly allow me to investigate this place after just threatening my life?
    Getting an invitation from someone who was about to attack you with a sword is a bit too awkward.
    So either you tell me what your problem is and can maybe help you or just say that you wish to never see me again and I'm leaving"
    Belmont

Post by Belmont on Wed Mar 16, 2011 11:07 am

You may consider it a test. You have proven to me that you are worthy of seeing the truth behind this place and this city - something that I had be make sure of before I could let you investigate this area. Your will is not weak nor do you falter even when facing imminent death.

Gabriel turns around and starts moving towards the ruins of the main building.

If you wish to learn more, follow me. However, you will not be able to turn back. If you wish to only search for the books and forget about me, that is fine too. I'm willing to help you search them and answering a few questions after troubling you.

Iso

Post by Iso on Thu Mar 17, 2011 4:44 am

Dan seemingly still confused starts to follow Gabriel.

"You certainly are a strange person.
    However I wish to understand, so I will follow you."
    Belmont

Post by Belmont on Thu Mar 17, 2011 5:21 am

Gabriel leads Dan towards a room dimly lit by a small fireplace and sits down. Before speaking he takes a deep breath.

There is a ritual occurring right now within Fuyuki city. This ritual is called The Holy Grail War in which 7 Magi are chosen by Holy Grail with the objective of killing each other until only one is left standing. The victor will receive the Holy Grail, an artifact capable of granting any wish. All participating Magi will receive "Servants", heroic spirits of the past that are looking for the power of the Grail. I'm sure you have heard about the Holy Grail before in legends and it might be hard to believe my words so allow me to show you that it is real.

Gabriel stands up and calls the name "Caster". Suddenly a man appears out of thin air.

He is my Servant of the class Caster. By pure chance have I managed to summon him and participate in this Holy Grail War and it is thanks to him that I've learned everything that I have told you so far, however, there is much more regarding this ritual.

Gabriel and Caster sit down and continue the explanation.

I've been listening to your conversation and everything Gabriel has said so far is right, however, this is only but a small fraction of the whole story. Allow me to continue.

Caster explains the fundamental rules of the Holy Grail War, the roles of the three families and the supervisor.

Thank you for your explanation Caster. Dan, now that you have learned the truth behind this city, do you still plan on staying here? We both are not from this city and we were both drawn to it for different reasons. You have proven to me that you are a worthy person so I'm willing to help you in your objective and in exchange I ask you cooperate with me until this "war" is over. I'm sure you have several questions you wish to ask, so please go ahead.

Iso

Post by Iso on Thu Mar 17, 2011 9:10 am

"Well to be honest I heard already of this war and that the price for winning is something like a wish maker."

Dan scratches his head while looking at Caster.

"I didn't even know about these so called Servants. But well, since you explained me how this Holy Grail War works, I guess I will tell you what I know.
    First of all I came to this city to find out if the Holy Grail War really existed, I didn't expect it to be true and even less did I expect that the war started already.
    I have no Servant so I guess i´m not participating in this war, but I would still like to observe it."

Dan stops staring at the Servant and begins to watch Gabriel.

"The day I arrived in this City I immediately met a Master, well actually he rather found me.
    I don´t know why but he just walked up to me and asked me about a sign on his body, I guess you have something similar.
    Anyway it seems like he knew even less than I or he lied to me. He asked me if I knew anything about the mark on his body, which seems strange to me now.
    Shouldn't he have gained a Servant already which explained him how the Holy Grail War works?
    I told him that it could have to do with this war and told him the bit i knew.
    In the end he gave me a business card with his phone number on it. I guess it could be useful to you."
    Belmont

Post by Belmont on Thu Mar 17, 2011 9:40 am

Gabriel raises his right arm and shows the three marks to Dan.

Do you mean these marks? According to Caster these are Command Spells, a sort of absolute authority we can use to make the Servants obey to any and all orders we issue. Even if he hadn't received a Servant I am guessing he would have contacted the supervisor for more information, something that I cannot do. Also, are you sure about giving me the business card of that Master? After all, this is a war in which we have to kill each other eventually.

If you wish to stay as an observer that is fine. However, if you change your mind and wish to participate without a Servant I will accept your help.

Iso

Post by Iso on Thu Mar 17, 2011 11:48 am

"You can have the business card. The only useful information on it is his telephone number anyway, so unless you can kill someone with your voice or are able to track the phone call and attack him when he doesn't expect it, it should be fine.
    Who knows maybe he will even resign from the war, if you try to scare him like you did with me."

"My original goal was to fight for the Holy Grail if he existed, but fighting without a Servant seems too dangerous.
    Well I guess you can see me as your Partner, but don't get me wrong I wont rush alone into a battle without even knowing who my enemies are.
    For now I will gather information, about other Servants and Masters.

Dan touches his left chest with his right arm and looks Gabriel direct in the eyes.

"I know the value of my life and I am not willing to risk it so easy.
    Since i have no cellphone you cant call me but in case you ever need help I´m Camping at the Outskirts and I´m often at the Shopping Districts.
    Can you agree with such a partnership?"
    Belmont

Post by Belmont on Thu Mar 17, 2011 12:11 pm

I have no problem with these conditions. I will most likely stay in this temple for a while until we have a clearer picture of who we are against. I will investigate the Master you met earlier, I wonder if he really is as harmless as you described.

Iso

Post by Iso on Fri Mar 18, 2011 2:18 am

Spoiler:
    The phone number on the business card is Phantom Traders number

"OK I will visit you regularly to share my information. But now I will leave, unless you still need to ask or tell me something."
    Belmont

Post by Belmont on Fri Mar 18, 2011 2:21 am

I have no questions to ask. Good luck.

Spoiler:
    Event End

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Tue Sep 26, 2017 3:30 am