Round 2 - Medium meets Private Doctor

Lucid
    Admin

Heaven's Feel 7 : Kami-sama
    Heaven's Feel 6 : Game Master

Round 2 - Medium meets Private Doctor

Post by Lucid on Sun Jul 04, 2010 11:21 pm

9:00
    It's the busy market district. The area is noisy and filled with people, talking unnoticed shouldn't be a problem.
    Spoiler:
    Medium detects a possible magus on the scene but locating him would be hard.
    RMX

Heaven's Feel 7 : Phantom Trader
    Heaven's Feel 6 : The Private Doctor

Re: Round 2 - Medium meets Private Doctor

Post by RMX on Mon Jul 05, 2010 1:52 am

A man arrives to the market. He looks like an average office worker wearing dark green clothes. The morning sun hitting his face directly doesn't seem to please him. He walks at a lazy pace, while carrying some sort of leather bag in one hand that he swings around and sways him about as if he was walking an unruly puppy.

The man stops and slowly scans his surrounding looking for something. He is not a very observant person in the morning, but the sight of a Buddhist monk in the middle of the city is difficult to miss. As that scene catches his attention, he walks towards the monk at his usual speed. He stops in front of him and extends his hand for a handshake.

"You must be Itsuki Kyumei. My name is Doctor Katsuro Utsunomiya. Pleased to meet you. We have much to discuss, so I'll let you decide if there's some specific topic from where you to want to start"
    Xenovent

Heaven's Feel 6 : The Medium

Post by Xenovent on Mon Jul 05, 2010 10:22 am

Itsuki smiled, though it was obvious that it was strained--weighed down by some stress and the lack of good sleep. The monk, however, did not allow this fact to interfere with his manners.

"It is my pleasure to meet you, Doctor, and I thank you for meeting me here. Your proposal couldn't have come at a better time." Itsuki bowed politely and accepts the handshake warmly, "In fact, I would like to begin by asking if you have some sort of strategy in mind for this war; I find myself in need of some new vantage points after I was forced to flee from what I was hoping would be my stronghold early this morning. If you would like, I will share with you what I was hoping to accomplish and some plans of recovering my loss after hearing your ideas. I'm sure we can find ways to benefit each other in this regard."
    RMX

Post by RMX on Mon Jul 05, 2010 11:31 am

"Ah, yes. I know about your retreat against Saber. My Servant planned to aid you in case combat ensued but you chose to escape. It was definitely the wise decission. Even teamed up, our Servants wouldn't fare well against the Saber Servant without a sound plan.

We should center on one of the two Servants that threatened you last night. Both seemed very confident. I want to make that their downfall. If there is any advantage in knowing the terrain then we should overthrow Saber from the temple. At least we can expect him to be there. However, neither me or Assassin possess a trump card to deal with her fast enough. At most we can keep her busy at the cost of our integrity.

We need any ace you or your Servant have up your sleeves. Even if it's a way to restrain her or protect us it would be a great aid.

We could also wait for someone else to wear Saber down or look for Rider and her Master. It all depends on what you can help with. You must know I plan to make it through this war alive and that's only possible if I..no, if WE make it to the end and obtain the Holy Grail. Surrender is not an option to me."
    Xenovent

Post by Xenovent on Mon Jul 05, 2010 12:23 pm

Itsuki nodded, relaxing considerably after Kasturo spoke, even allowing himself a brief sound of relief, "You are certainly a godsend. I am used to dealing with my duties quickly and directly...having to doubt and suspect everyone I meet has not been a pleasant experience..."

Drawing himself up, he looked at Kasturo with a serious expression, his dark robes fluttering slightly in the winter air, "Then let me speak my mind plainly. My servant is Caster. I am extremely confident in his offensive capabilities--against magic he has no equal, but against a quick sword there is not much that he can do. His trump card is his ability to create a territory, an area where his magic abilities are greatly increased. That is why I was at the Temple. To maximize this effect, he needs a leyline. The only two he could tell me of are the Temple and a mansion in town. He had nearly completed it when we were confronted, making our loss all the more tragic."

He paused to allow the doctor to take in what he was saying, then continued, "I myself am not trained as a warrior, but an equalizer. I have the ability to oppress magical effects in an area, such as runes or territories. This ability will be useless against Saber as well, but I also know nothing of her master's abilities, only his battlelust. Both tactically and personally, I would have it that Saber was overthrown as soon as possible, as I believe them to be the biggest threats. They go around attacking without cause and with such power. Plus, I would like to reclaim the Temple if possible for Caster's territory.

Here is a possible plan as I have it. Saber is incredibly defensive of her Master, and I was considering using that to my advantage last night--attacking the Master to keep her on defense. Caster can attack with more spells than Saber can defend against, and if we can keep her on defense, eventually whittle her down as she continues to defend against me. But Caster can only last a couple of volleys like that, even if he were to use my prana to fuel his attacks. What I feared was Saber's speed. If we could pincer attack them, I hope that alternating ranged attacks would keep her from attacking...or if your servant could handle the point of her sword, Caster could easily barrage her with his strongest attacks.

If not this, then I can have Caster establish a normal territory. It will not be as powerful, but still affords a stage that he has the distinct advantage if someone were lured into it. It would take him 12 hours to complete regardless of where it is, so that would take time to realize. Neither I nor my servant have defensive abilities. Caster can manipulate the elements, but this may not have much combative use..

That said, I am in full agreement. I have no intentions of dying here for someone's desire or pride.
    RMX

Post by RMX on Mon Jul 05, 2010 1:48 pm

"So basically we have to try and keep Saber away from Caster...

Hmm, if you think that can take her down, or at the very least force them to retreat and give us enough time to barricade then me and Assassin will try our best. You and I should try to put all the pressure we can on the Master. For better or for worse, my Servant will try to keep up with Saber even if we don't want him to. His speed is formidable but I'm worried that Saber will overcome him with pure strength. It all depends on wether we can exhaust them before us.

I can help drain the prana out of everyone, but at a high cost, so I'd rather not have to go that far. Also I advise you keep Caster out of my sight at all times if that time comes."

Katsuro stares briefly at the floor. Any way you look at it this plan is still very risky. However being defensive is going to get no one closer to the wish-granting grail.

"If things look really bad, we will retreat. If Assassin still can, cursing one of the targets is possible, but while poisoning the Master will be more effective we should expect them to chase after us sooner, but that would give us something to bargain with. I think that's all we can do. Let's hope it's enough"
    Xenovent

Post by Xenovent on Tue Jul 06, 2010 3:12 am

"Indeed."

Itsuki's sentiments matched Katsuro's precisely. His plan was one of grasping, not of confidence. Ordinarily, he would never ask someone else to bear the brunt of danger, but what could he do? But he appreciated working by another's side in this mess, and all the more glad he did not view it, like others, as a game of sport.

"One last thing Caster can do is strengthen ordinary weapons. I do not have a weapon myself, so I thought this ability would go to waste, but if you or your servant uses a weapon that he can enhance, that is one more way to try and even the field against Saber. But these upgrades take time, so we should start on them immediately if we want to engage our plan tonight. If you wish, I can lead you to the hidden area where Caster and I are waiting, or we can meet you in a place of your choosing."

Spoiler:
    His skill can increase a normal weapon's rank by two for a maximum of A. 3 hours per rank increase. Permanent effect.
    RMX

Post by RMX on Wed Jul 07, 2010 3:32 am

"I only have this bag. It's not much of a weapon but I would need it to parry so it could use an upgrade or two.

We should stay close to the temple, since Assassin could spot Saber from a great distance. Maybe he'll go out tonight and we can retake the temple while the two of them are out. If your hiding place is close enough we could go there. At any rate we should find somewhere to stay in this part of town. Money is not a problem...I wonder if there are any inns or hotels over there.

I also need to make a new healing seal as the ones I prepared are about to become useless. They will prove invaluable"
    Xenovent

Post by Xenovent on Wed Jul 07, 2010 4:04 am

"What of Assassin's weapon? But yes, my hideaway is about 3 kilometers south east of the Temple, in the forest. It should be enough to suit our needs.

His leaving the Temple would be invaluable, especially if, for whatever reason, he has decided not to destroy my incomplete territory. If that is the case, I could have it fully functional within 5 hours. Otherwise, We would have to hold the area until dawn.

This sounds like all we can accomplish here then. We should head off. Shall we meet again, right before dusk, at my hidden area?"

Spoiler:
    Territory needs 12 hours to fully establish from scratch. Itsuki gives you the location of his hidden estate in area 3. Meeting time for around 18:00?
    RMX

Post by RMX on Wed Jul 07, 2010 11:11 am

The doctor makes a thinking gesture for a second

"...as far as a normal weapon, Assassin look pretty strong. Enhancing my defense comes first. Maybe I should go with you now since everything I need is with me. I can send Assassin to observe the temple while we prepare just in case"

Katsuro suggested as he tightened his grip on the bag's handle

"So, what will it be?"

Spoiler:
    Assassin's weapons are already almost A rank. Kind of a waste of time, and Grim said it was effective on one item and Assassin wields several :/
    Xenovent

Post by Xenovent on Wed Jul 07, 2010 11:26 am

Itsuki nodded, "In that case, let us be off. Observing the Temple is a great idea, as it will let us know the moment he leaves, if he does. I believe the only reason he would stay is to wait for me. Otherwise, I suspect he will continue his hunting spree. If he remains, then I can play the bait to lure him into a sense of superiority, allowing Assassin to strike the first blow unforeseen and hopefully draw away his attention from Caster. But, we have many hours to discuss the details of this plan. Come then, this way."
    Lucid
    Admin

Heaven's Feel 7 : Kami-sama
    Heaven's Feel 6 : Game Master

Post by Lucid on Sat Jul 10, 2010 4:23 am

Spoiler:
    Event over?
    RMX